Skip to content
You have the right to:
- Be treated in a kind and respectful way.
- Be given information in a way you will understand and is meaningful to you.
- Expect that your health care team will share relevant information with each other within the circle of care, unless otherwise restricted by you
- Participate in making decisions about your care.
- Culturally-sensitive care.
- Know the names and roles of people involved in your care.
- Express your concerns and get answers to your questions.
- Be told of the fees not covered by OHIP and that you or your family will have to pay.
As a patient you have rights and responsibilities. Please make sure you abide by following:
- Be polite and respect other patients, visitors and members of the health care team.
- Recognize that the needs of other patients and families may sometimes be more urgent than your own.
- Give accurate information to your health care team to help them plan your care.
- Give your health care team the name of the person who will represent you if you cannot make decisions by yourself.
- Follow the plan of care the best way you can.
- Accept responsibility for the decisions you make about your treatment.
- Take care of your personal things.
- Respect clinic property and act in a safe and responsible way.
- Understand and be responsible for all expenses not covered by OHIP.
- Notify your health care provider if you can’t keep an appointment