What makes the program a success is specialized nicotine treatment counseling and personalized support for those wanting to reduce or quit nicotine.
Work with one of our specially trained staff to create a quit plan: plan for reducing nicotine use; dealing with cravings & withdrawal; planning for your quit journey, strategies to deal with slips, and prevent relapse.
Through the STOP Nicotine Treatment Program we can offer FREE Nicotine Replacement Therapy (Patches, Lozenges, Gum, Inhaler).
On-going 1:1 support via in-person, phone or virtual visits or a combination of these. (*please note that not all services will be able to be provided via phone or virtually)
Giving up nicotine is the single most important thing you can do for your health!
Deciding to quit nicotine is a big step towards better health and a longer life. Quitting nicotine benefits both you and your family. But, it’s not easy! We understand that. We are here to support you.
Today there are more former smokers and former nicotine users (ie. vapers) than current nicotine users. Our enthusiastic staff are here to help you become a former smoker/vaper.
How we can help you
Once you are ready to become nicotine free, you will be able to attend individual sessions. During these sessions, the following topics will be explored:
- Reasons why you use nicotine
- Understanding our nicotine behaviour, habits, and routines
- Identify triggers and develop a plan around our triggers
- Managing withdrawal symptoms and coping with cravings
- Stress management
- Concerns abound weight gain and cravings
- NRT (nicotine replacement therapy) and medications
- Concerns about slips and relapse
- Setting and preparing for quit day
- Setting goals along our journey
Benefits of Quitting Vaping
- Improved smell and taste
- Increased lung capacity
- reduced risk of heart attack and stroke
- Improved concentration and memory
Benefits of Quitting Smoking
- 20 minutes after your last cigarette, your blood pressure and pulse rate return to normal.
- After 8 hours, carbon monoxide levels in your blood start to drop
- After 24 hours, your chance of a heart attack decreases
- After 2 days your senses of smell and taste begin to return.
- After 3 days, your breathing becomes easier
- After 1 year, your risk of heart disease is cut by one-half.
- 3 years after you quit, your risk of heart disease is the same as someone who never smoked.
- 10 years after quitting, your risk of lung cancer is cut in half.