Join our walking groups to get a better walking experience. It is a low impact physical activity that decreases your blood pressure and your blood sugar, improves mood and energy.
NORDIX POLE WALKING IS DESIGNED FOR: TOTAL BODY FITNESS
- Burns 30-46% more calories than regular walking!
- Using poles with straps is a more stable and more effective workout.
- Uses 90% of muscles for a full body workout.
- Reduced impact on knee & hip joints.
- Improves muscle tone, core muscles, posture, balance, stability, and more!
The group meets at the Woodbine FHT Clinic located at 306 Rexdale Blvd in Etobicoke.
Poles and snacks are provided. Don’t like the poles, no problem – just come walk with us. Come out and get active!!
When: Every Monday and Wednesday 9:30AM (arrive early so we can leave on time)
BEGINNER LEVEL/SLOW PACED WALKING GROUP EVERY MONDAY AND WEDNESDAY 9:30-10:30AM (arrive early so we can leave on time)
Medical clearance needed for those with chronic conditions such as heart disease, uncontrolled hypertension, uncontrolled diabetes, COPD, recent stroke or heart attack, Parkinson’s disease, and/or recent joint replacement surgery.
To sign up please email Michelle Lee at [email protected] with your name, email and phone number or call 416-342-5140